Copyediting Agreement and Copyright Assignment
The DeVan Group® (“DeVan”) is very pleased to accept for publication your manuscript entitled under the auspices of .
Upon acceptance of the article, DeVan will pay you $ 0.00 (U.S.) for your work.
- You acknowledge and agree that the work described below and covered by this Publication Agreement were specifically ordered or commissioned by DeVan and that it shall be considered “work made for hire” as defined and described in Sections 101 and 201 of the Copyright Law of the United States of America, 17 U.S.C. SS 101 and 201, granting DeVan full ownership to the works and rights comprised therein. Under those sections of the copyright law, DeVan is considered to be the Author/Publisher of the forenamed organization’s Project (“Work”) for all copyright purposes and owns all copyright rights in the Work. DeVan retains the Work to use or alter the contents of the Work in such manner as it chooses, including, but not limited to editing, rewriting, using, reusing, or not using in any form at any time.
- You (the Author) warrant the article’s originality, authorship, authenticity, your sole ownership, and that the article has not been previously published; that you have not sold or agreed to sell any rights to anyone other than DeVan; that,
- You warrant that to the best of your knowledge, the article is not libelous, that publication of the article will not infringe upon any copyright, right to privacy, proprietary, or any other right of any person, corporation, or other entity. All copyrighted material to be included in the article must be clearly identified as such, and complete bibliographic information and written permission from the original owner must be supplied in order for DeVan to accept the article;
- In the event that the article infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party, you agree to defend and indemnify DeVan and hold them harmless from all costs and damages resulting to them from such alleged infringement including without limitation all related defense costs (this provision survives termination of this Agreement);
- You warrant that you have not agreed to give any person(s) any editorial approval, or control over the article; that any necessary permissions will have been obtained; and that you will deliver copies of such permission to us upon request. You further agree to provide pertinent source materials to DeVan for the purpose of pre-publication review for accuracy and libel, or in the event of any legal action arising from the article’s publication.
- In consideration of the mutual promises and representations herein, you agree to grant DeVan:
- The exclusive periodical publication and syndication rights in the article in all languages, including but not limited to the right to publish the article in whole or in part any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known) effective as of the date of this Agreement;
- Nonexclusive worldwide reprint rights for any anthology or collection of DeVan’s material in any form or medium, including but not limited to electronic databases after initial publication;
- The right to use your name, likeness, and the article, or any portion thereof, in connection with publications of the article.
- Nothing herein constitutes our promise that the article will in fact be published in the Work. However, if within a reasonable amount of time, after its acceptance, we do not publish the article we will negotiate relinquishing all rights in the article to you.
- You will be responsible, if applicable, for payment of all taxes arising out of your activities in accordance with this Agreement, including by way of illustration but not limitation, Federal and State income tax, Social Security tax, and any other taxes or business license fees as
- This Agreement and any facsimile signatures thereon will be construed as an original document, and will constitute the required signature to bind all parties to this Agreement. This Agreement may be executed on two counterparts, each of which will be deemed to be an original, but both of which will constitute only one This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of all parties with respect to the matters set forth herein.
- Nothing in this Agreement is meant to construe that either party is an agent, employer or employee of the other or that a legal relationship is being entered into other than for the purchase and copyright transfer of the article indicated above. This letter contains the entire and complete understanding of the parties and is made in and will be governed by Maryland law and can only be changed by an agreement in writing signed by each of us. You must not assign any of your rights under this Agreement, or delegate the performance of any your duties hereunder, without the prior written consent If any term, clause, or provision of the Agreement is judged to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, that invalidity will not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause, or provision and will be deemed to have been deleted from the Agreement.
I understand and agree to the foregoing:
Signature of Contributing Author
Signature of The DeVan Group® Signee
Contributing Author Contact Info:
Email Address and/or Phone number
PLEASE RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO:
The DeVan Group, LLC
9701 Apollo Dr., Suite 100
Largo, MD 20774, USA